We have expertise in sustainability theory and practice and offer a number of services to the client whether private individual, developer, housing association or contractor, to help achieve sustainability targets from feasibility through to completion and post occupancy.
Adding value to projects, we have an excellent understanding of:
• Sustainable new build and retrofit strategies
• Sustainability trends and legislation within and outside the industry
• Statutory requirements and their processes including Code for Sustainable Homes, BREEAM, Lifetime Homes, Building For Life, Secured by Design, etc.
• Renewable energy systems
• HQI Assessments
• Modern methods of construction including off-site pre-fabrication
• Sustainable specification and procurement
• Expertise in Hemcrete and NBT Diffutherm/Pavatherm construction
Publications include the Sustainable Buildings Toolkit with Cole Thompson Anders, written for EMDA and hosted by EMCBE. The Sustainable Building toolkit is an interactive, web-based tool that provides step-by-step guidance on procuring sustainable non-residential buildings for those with little or no experience.
Outlining guidelines and procedures at each stage of the procurement process, it allows the building procurer to understand the sustainable building process from start to finish, highlighting key issues that need to be addressed and signposting sources of further information. It also contains details of service and product providers at a national and regional level.